18 May 2008

Numero Uno

Here's my first attempt at blogging. I guess it's really not my first - I had a Xanga probably 6 years ago. That whole online journal was a way for me to write about what was going on at the time. I was 19-ish, a sophomore in college, loving life, and enthralled in this shrimp of a guy. (Dude turned out to be gay, and I can't say it came as much of a surprise - he was totally into his male best friend. They used to cuddle...a lot.) Crazy that I got so wrapped up in that. I remember what was in that journal and shudder. It's just not important anymore. Sure, it shaped me in one way or another, but life is different these days.

So here I am now, just recently a quarter of a century old. Eh, my birthday sucked. Birthdays seemed to have lost their appeal once I got older. Even still, I wish I had made a bigger deal of it. 25 is a mile-marker in a sense. I guess I should be happy that I got to spend that night with my boyfriend, with whom I'm terribly in love; he even shot off fireworks for me! However, due to circumstances, we didn't really do much of what I wanted to do, and it left me being a bit disappointed. I still enjoyed our time together, and I always leave wishing we had more of it. I guess I should get used to it -- he's leaving me soon for school. Seriously, I'm so excited for him. In fact, I'm probably his biggest cheerleader for doing it. I just wish I saw how I (or "we") fit into the equation a bit more.

Here's my fear about this blog: I'm afraid I'll get started writing and not always have a stopping point. So I'll just end up writing and these will be random. Good thing I'm into randomosity.

No comments: