20 May 2008

Dos

"This is S___, the office manager over here in the the Marietta office..." That's how the conversation started. About damn time! We need someone to be proactive and get stuff straightened out. At the same time, I guess it's weird having someone "over" me. I'm the longest-employed employee so I've kinda got that seniority thing. Now, though, there's an official person that can be higher than me. I like it, because hopefully it will work out some of the issues, but at the same time it makes me feel bad. I said 'no, I can't be office manager", and I stick by that -- I don't have the experience, I don't plan on being around there for too much longer, and I knew I wasn't going to get paid what an OM should. However, it was just a little touchy to hear someone use that title. Especially since I didn't know that's what she was going to be.

Next issue: BF. Boyfriend, boyfriend, boyfriend. I don't think we've seen each other since last Saturday night when I went over to his house. Awesome, over a week. And I can't say we've really talked much since then, either. Tuesday or Monday on the phone for a while...it was nice. Other than that, mainly by text. Bah. I'd rather talk on the phone, even though I know he's not a phone talker. Seriously, how do you have a relationship by texting? I get he's been busy, but he's probably made time to see his friends. Not probably, I know he has. I get it...I can't stay out all night during the week because I get tired and have to get up early for work so it's easier for him to see his friends who stay up later. But you have to make the effort. I don't think he knows how seriously head-over-heels in love I am, and how I so just want to spend time with him. I feel that we don't talk except for when we see each other. If we're on the phone it's kinda superficial. Plus, I shouldn't be afraid to call him. Seriously, we've been together 2 1/2 years, so I totally shouldn't have this "fear" of calling him. I guess it's almost a fear of rejection, like I think he's not going to answer because he's at his friends house or something. I'm such a pansy....I should be able to be honest, and I know that I can be with him... I just get nervous.

No comments: